The Hazleton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer You Can Count On
If you’re injured, strike back with Attorney Edward P. McNelis
Hazleton motorcycle accident lawyer Edward P. McNelis has seen firsthand how devastating it can be for a rider to go down in a crash – whether it was caused by a texting driver or someone going over the speed limit.
You shouldn’t be punished for riding your motorcycle. Unfortunately, a lot of motorcyclists in Hazleton and throughout Luzerne County end up getting seriously injured in preventable collisions caused by others. That’s when getting an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on your side can make a huge difference.
Attorney Edward P. McNelis has the knowledge and experience to get you the compensation you deserve and hold the responsible party accountable. Strike back with the Law Offices of Edward P. McNelis. Contact our law firm today for your free consultation.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
Even if you wear protective gear and practice safe riding habits, all it takes is one negligent driver to injure you in a motorcycle accident. Compared to other passenger vehicles, motorcycles are small and tougher to spot on the road. That is still no excuse for injuring a rider in a preventable crash.
While it’s crucial to know who caused your motorcycle accident, understanding how it happened is just as important to your case.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Speeding: Drivers who go over the speed limit may not notice a motorcyclist in enough time to avoid a collision.
- Texting and driving: Looking away from the road to send or read a text – even for just a few seconds – is one of the most common causes of lane departure crashes and head-on collisions. It’s also one of the leading causes of rear-end accidents.
- Distracted driving: Turning to talk to a passenger, fidgeting with the radio or a GPS, eating and drinking, rubbernecking or simply being lost in thought are all forms of distracted driving and can lead to tragic motorcycle accidents.
- Driving under the influence: Drunk drivers and drivers under the influence of drugs, including prescription medication, pose a risk to everyone around them, including motorcyclists.
- Failure to yield: Pulling out into the path of a motorcycle or failing to stop and give the right of way to a motorcyclist can result in a serious collision.
- Tailgating: Following a motorcyclist too closely is dangerous and can lead to a rear-end collision.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who are tired, drowsy or asleep at the wheel are too impaired to react in time to avoid an accident with a motorcycle.
A lot of bad motorcycle accidents happen at intersections when a driver is stopped and then makes a left hand turn directly into the path of an unsuspecting motorcyclist. Other times, a reckless driver sideswipes a motorcycle because the driver didn’t look before changing lanes. Or maybe another driver crossed the center line because they weren’t giving their full attention to the road.
Whether you were rear-ended by someone going over the speed limit or ejected from your motorcycle in a head-on collision with a texting driver, Hazleton motorcycle accident attorney Edward P. McNelis will demand maximum compensation.
Let the Law Offices of Edward P. McNelis tackle your case
With little protection between you, the road, and other vehicles, riding a motorcycle can be extremely dangerous. That doesn’t mean if you get injured in a crash caused by someone else you should be responsible for your damages. You have just as much a right to the road as everyone else, and you shouldn’t be penalized for something that wasn’t your fault.
Attorney Edward P. McNelis is an experienced and aggressive motorcycle accident lawyer who takes pride in helping injured riders in Hazleton and Luzerne County get the compensation they’re entitled to. Best of all – we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay us nothing unless we win. Contact our law firm today for your free consultation.